Where YOU can be a squeeky wheel!
Squeeky Wheels
March 29, 2024, 04:16:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Breaking News!!! Greta says Something is Being Improved - Blog or Forum???

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking News!!! Greta says Something is Being Improved - Blog or Forum???  (Read 204 times)
SqueekyFromm
Administrator

Squeeky

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2010, 07:19:10 pm »

BREAKING NEWS – BREAKING NEWS – BREAKING NEWS

“Greta Van Susteren Today 06:44 PM “it is not hacked…we are trying to re work the blog and figure out how to make it better. the tech people took it down”

Still not sure whether she is referring to the blog or the forum.

Read more:

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/open-thread-75/#disqus_thread

Squeeky Fromm
Girl Reporter
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 07:23:41 pm by SqueekyFromm » Report Spam   Logged

Squeeky Wheels Get Lubed First!!!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

par-don
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 12:12:23 am »

BREAKING NEWS – BREAKING NEWS – BREAKING NEWS

“Greta Van Susteren Today 06:44 PM “it is not hacked…we are trying to re work the blog and figure out how to make it better. the tech people took it down”

Still not sure whether she is referring to the blog or the forum.

Read more:

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/open-thread-75/#disqus_thread

It might be a good idea for her to put in another gear or loose out to this forum and Ross's forum.

Squeeky Fromm
Girl Reporter
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:14:10 am by par-don » Report Spam   Logged
omiaqt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 05:39:50 pm »

the fourm was excellent, all it needed was control of the length of title and content!

Report Spam   Logged
Ross

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 03:33:31 pm »

I think Greta is just doing damage control. She has no techs, and runs all her forums by herself. She may get around to starting another Forum, but it will just be another "off the shelf" software blog like the others..
I really think she just shutdown the forum then was surprised by the number of pleas and complaints she got over it.
Report Spam   Logged
Unaffiliated Voter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 11:34:54 pm »

Rereading what Greta said the other day, she actually may have meant that her people are trying to make the Gretawire blog a better substitute for no forum at all so that she only has to keep an eye on that.  She had initially tweeted that she did not have time to manage both, and while I do believe she gets help for the technical side of her operations (she's really not that high tech, as she is always asking her bloggers for help with technical issues), she does oversee content to the extent that she has time.  Since she was unable to control the forum and it got taken down, she apparently may have asked the Fox techies to rework the blog to some extent, maybe to make it faster or to monitor it more for certain words.  From what I'm seeing, people are getting censored or going into moderation for all kinds of silly reasons, such that the overall blog is pretty bland, to say nothing of being topically disjointed.  People are still coming by asking what happened to the forum.

All we can do when we pop over there is to keep asking her to put the forum back up; I think it's important going into the 2012 elections.  I still find it off-putting that Greta just slammed down with two days' notice a feature that attracted hundreds or thousands of viewers and was used by so many on a regular basis.  I also think it wasn't her idea to worry about "managing" any of it; I think someone said something to her about the language or the topics at the forum.  It would be nice if she would just tell us who really objected to the forum such as it was, without oversight.  I think I am going to ask her that; and everyone else who appreciated the forum should, too.  On the rare occasions when Greta communicates directly with her bloggers, it seems like it's usually late afternoon when she is gearing up on preparations for the show.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 11:39:41 pm by Unaffiliated Voter » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum