Where YOU can be a squeeky wheel!
Squeeky Wheels
March 28, 2024, 08:22:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Lt. Col. Terry Lakin Update

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Lt. Col. Terry Lakin Update  (Read 393 times)
Nick_A

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2010, 09:33:10 pm »

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=239605

"The prosecution is really out to get him," Puckett added. "They really trumped up the charges higher than they needed to be."

We must stay on top of this and arrange for demonstrations if he is jailed.  We simply cannot allow Obama to win this one at the expense of a national hero.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Unaffiliated Voter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 11:53:49 pm »

I find it interesting that Fox News is finally covering the story:  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/14/court-hear-case-birther-wont-deploy/?intcmp=obnetwork
Report Spam   Logged
Nick_A

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 12:47:12 pm »

I don't know why FOX reprts anything now even though it is just an AP story?

Anyhow pretty soon it will be all over.  We simply cannot allow a national hero to go to jail defending our interests if that is the result.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=239805
Report Spam   Logged
Nick_A

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:29:24 pm »

Somehow we must get help from the new congress or just vote them out.  If the Republican run House doesn't have the guts to affirm Obama's eligibility for the sake of Col Lakin, they lack honor.

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=7022

“As a last resort, he took this position because he thought, 'I’m not sure whether or not I am in a validly constituted armed force with a validly elected Commander-in-Chief, and I’m not sure whether I’m obligated to obey my orders to move to a new unit that is scheduled to deploy.'” Puckett said, “I don’t think it’s any more specific than that.” Puckett emphasized that Lakin sincerely appreciates all the support he has been given in his effort.

Puckett also said that Lakin has been saddened to learn the military justice system will not provide him any answers to his questions either. He explained that the questions that prompted the case are not going to be answered by the military justice system because it simply is not designed to do so.“It is not capable of handling this. It exists solely to promote good order and discipline in the Armed forces. When orders are violated by soldiers, they are subject to disciplinary actions by the UCMJ. Beyond that, it’s not really a remedy for anything.”

This may be technically true but Congress does have the authority to reveal the truth in defense of a national hero willing to defend the Constitution for the sake of the America and its people.  Someone in Congress must accept the responsibility to demand proof of Obama's eligibility for the sake of Lt. Col Terry Lakin.

Congress has the right to vet Obama.  It is their obligation to do so.  Will they have the nerve to do the right thing? We shall see.
Report Spam   Logged
rikker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 08:38:21 am »

"The prosecution is really out to get him," Puckett added. "They really trumped up the charges higher than they needed to be."

We must stay on top of this and arrange for demonstrations if he is jailed.  We simply cannot allow Obama to win this one at the expense of a national hero.

Would you say this makes 73 and 0?

I would.

America wins again.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 08:59:45 am by rikker » Report Spam   Logged
rikker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 08:43:19 am »

General MacArthur himself pointed out the error of Lakin's political stand:

"    It is to win our wars.  Everything else in your professional career is but corollary to this vital dedication.  All other public purpose, all other public projects, all other public needs, great or small, will find others for their accomplishments; but you are the ones who are trained to fight.

Yours is the profession of arms, the will to win, the sure knowledge that in war there is no substitute for victory, that if you lose, the Nation will be destroyed, that the very obsession of your public service must be Duty, Honor, Country.

Others will debate the controversial issues, national and international, which divide men’s minds.  But serene, calm, aloof, you stand as the Nation’s war guardians, as its lifeguards from the raging tides of international conflict, as its gladiators in the arena of battle.  For a century and a half you have defended, guarded and protected its hallowed traditions of liberty and freedom, of right and justice.

Let civilian voices argue the merits or demerits of our processes of government. Whether our strength is being sapped by deficit financing indulged in too long, by federal paternalism grown too mighty, by power groups grown too arrogant, by politics grown too corrupt, by crime grown too rampant, by morals grown too low, by taxes grown too high, by extremists grown too violent; whether our personal liberties are as firm and complete as they should be.

These great national problems are not for your professional participation or military solution.  Your guidepost stands out like a tenfold beacon in the night: Duty, Honor, Country."
Report Spam   Logged
LOGIA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 06:48:32 pm »

This goes automatically to appeal and can even go to the SUPREME COURT. Orly's case goes to SCOTUS conference on Jan. 7, but shouldn't SOTOMAYOR and KAGAN kindly and graciously and patriotically and wisely and justly and fairly RECUSE THEMSELVES???
Report Spam   Logged
rikker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 09:48:19 pm »

Lakin's dismissal goes automatically to appeal, not the conviction.    His dismissal denies him any and all of the military benefits he has earned for the past 18 years.   It is the equivalent of a dishonorable discharge for an enlisted man.

And the appeal  will be handled thru military channels, not civilian channels.   It will not go to the SCOTUS, nor can it be appealed to SCOTUS.

Lakin brought this debacle on himself by listening to people who have never won a court case.       His whining set of excuses about taking bad advice influenced no one.
Report Spam   Logged
Nick_A

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 10:37:56 pm »

Would you say this makes 73 and 0?

Yes.  73 to 0 refers to judicial opinions that citizens can no longer be considered "We the People" and having "standing" that entitles them to conclusive proof of eligibility to cast an educated vote.  They are considered incapable of an educated vote so lack standing. They have devolved into becoming "We the Great Unwashed" so lack standing.  They are considered too stupid to be worthy of proof of eligibilty. It is 73 to 0 that being so stupid, it is none of their business.

Many including you believe the same.  You don't believe you are worthy of the information necessary to cast an ediucated vote so are content to let the government tell you what to do and to believe.  The powers that be say you are too stupid to be worthy of standing and you agree.

Lt. Col. Terry Lakin is standing up for the constitution and the rights of the people to the primary information necessary to cast an educated vote and be placed on the battlefied: proof of eligibility.

If he goes to jail, demonstrations have to take place outside the jail.  Speakers have to be invited to explain the value of what Lt. Col. Terry lakin is doing for America and those who still value American citizens as "We the People." Songs have to be written about him. Military art exhibits have to be organized and dedicated to him.  Those who care must find other ingenous ways to celebrate what he is going through for our sake and support his efforts.

I would.

America wins again.
Report Spam   Logged
rikker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 11:27:15 pm »

Lakin is already in jail.    They gave him two hours with his family after the sentencing and then they whisked him off to the hoosegow.     The military doesn't futz around like the civilian courts.

However, Nick, you are wrong about me not having an educated vote.      I asked the same questions you asked.     The difference is, I believe in my country and it's ability to vet people.

Barack Obama has TWO valid U.S. passports.    He has held valid U.S. passports since at least the age of 10.    It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a valid passport in American without showing your birth certificate.     It would have been impossible for Barack Obama to return to the United States in 1971 without a valid passport.     It would have been impossible to him to return to the United States from Africa in 2006 without a valid U.S. passport.

He could have sneaked into the country illegally, true.    But he did not.

I have a valid United States passport.   And so do my kids.    I know how thoroughly they scrutinized me, my wife and my kids.

Just because Barack Obama has not showed YOU his BC doesn't mean that some American in authority has not seen it and verified it.

Birthers suppositions are based on racism. 
Report Spam   Logged
Nick_A

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 04:04:33 pm »

Rikker, like any dogmatic fundamentalist defending their messiah, you are incapable of the critical thinking necessary to make an educated vote.  You reason only to verify your dogmatic preconception and Obama knows how to play you for a fool as you adore him.

Look at the many ways a person can get a passport.

http://www.visahq.com/us_passport_requirements.php

Proof of citizenship for a passport is one thing and proof of natural born citizenship necessary for the presidency is another.

Also, any illegal alien worth their salt can produce fake documents to get a drivers license.  Do you really believe that if anything was needed to be faked, the progressive crowd pushing him wouldn't have supplied it?

So in reality, the passport doesn't prove anything.  Since you are a blind believer it makes no difference because all that is important is the adoration and support of your new messiah.  But for those that have not yet lost their critical thinking skills, it is obvious that the long form of Obama's birth certificate has to be supplied to bring finality to the controversy.

Regardless if Greta and O'Reilly condescend to me for demanding proof of eligibility in order for me to do my civic duty and cast an educated vote, I don't believe they are deities either so I continue to demand to see on what basis Obama was considered eligible for the presidency.

I've had enough of all this blind belief in the new messiah and now demand to see the facts.  You, Greta, and O'Reilly may not believe I am worthy of them.  They may say that they have degrees and look down on me and I say a thermometer has a lot of degrees and you know what you can do with that.

As Sgt Joe Friday said: "Just the facts, ma'm?”  Enough with all this blind acceptance of the new messiah.
Report Spam   Logged
rikker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 04:24:55 pm »

"Also, any illegal alien worth their salt can produce fake documents to get a drivers license.  "

And any woman past puberty can get a pap smear, too.     What's your point?   You've presented NO evidence that Obama produced fake documents to get his drivers license.    You've presented no evidence that he had a motive to provide fake documents AS A 10 YEAR OLD to obtain a passport to travel to Indonesia.      Your whole critically thought out case is based upon supposition.

The weak point in your argument is that you've assumed Obama guilty of a crime and you now demand that HE PROVE YOUR CASE by presenting the documents that validate your opinions.

That's so NOT how America works that it amazes me that you have the chutzpah to even allow that idea to bubble forth from your nose.
Report Spam   Logged
rikker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 04:39:50 pm »

Nick,

Let me ask you an honest question.

Suppose one of your neighbors accuses you of being a child molester.    Your accuser is a known liar.     He bases his accusation upon his knowledge of "people like you" and a faked tape that he pulled off the Internet.    He convinces several of your neighbors that you are guilty.

This man and his supporters come to you and demand that you produce the videotape that proves their allegations, so they might prosecute you.   Otherwise they have NO evidence, not a shred.

Will you pay them any attention?    Does the law require you to pay them any attention?     If you choose to ignore them, is that proof of your guilt?    If 58% of your neighbors think you are hiding something, is ad populum opinion proof of your guilt?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 04:45:00 pm by rikker » Report Spam   Logged
Nick_A

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 05:32:17 pm »

"Also, any illegal alien worth their salt can produce fake documents to get a drivers license.  "

And any woman past puberty can get a pap smear, too.     What's your point?   You've presented NO evidence that Obama produced fake documents to get his drivers license.    You've presented no evidence that he had a motive to provide fake documents AS A 10 YEAR OLD to obtain a passport to travel to Indonesia.      Your whole critically thought out case is based upon supposition.

The weak point in your argument is that you've assumed Obama guilty of a crime and you now demand that HE PROVE YOUR CASE by presenting the documents that validate your opinions.

That's so NOT how America works that it amazes me that you have the chutzpah to even allow that idea to bubble forth from your nose.

As a blind believer in the new messiah, it is considered inconceivable that anyone should question his eligibility.  Regardless that most anyone else would be obligated to prove themselves eligible, it is the opposite for this person  adored by you and others as the new messiah.

You consider asking for proof of eligibility from the new messiah as a weak point of my argument.  I consider it a strength.  Not being a blind believer in the new messiah, I still believe that America is a nation of laws and the law states that a person must be a natural born citizen to be president.  So far conclusive proof of natural born citizenship has not been provided.  The new messiah is considered above the constitutinal requirement to be a natural born citrizen.

Since I do not believe that Obama is the new messiah, I demand proof of eligibility to do my civic duty and cast an educated vote. The first requirement is having proof that Obama is eligible according to the Constitution rather than from divine right.
Report Spam   Logged
rikker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 07:10:32 pm »

"Since I do not believe that Obama is the new messiah, I demand proof of eligibility to do my civic duty and cast an educated vote. "

And as a believer in the hallowed concept of "innocent until proven guilty", I demand that Obama ignore your trenchant pleas until you show some proof of YOUR allegations.    Justice demands nothing more.

Which of us will Obama listen to?    The American?   Or you?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum