Where YOU can be a squeeky wheel!
Squeeky Wheels
April 19, 2024, 03:18:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Army asks for Mercy

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Army asks for Mercy  (Read 39 times)
Nick_A

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2010, 01:08:38 am »

Dr. Terrence Lakin
Army public affairs officer Lt. Col. Rob Manning today asked WND readers appealing for clemency for imprisoned "birther" Dr. Terrence Lakin to send their pleas to Lakin's defense counsel, not to the officer with authority to free Lakin, Maj. Gen. Karl Horst.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=242665

"We're getting a lot of calls," said Manning, the director of public affairs for the Joint Force Headquarters, National Capital Region.

Manning emphasized clemency requests should be sent to Maj. Matthew Kemkes, Lakin's defense counsel. Kemkes' e-mail address is matthewkemkes@us.army.mil.

Manning declined to estimate how many calls he and his secretary had answered.

"I don't know, but it's been quite a few," said Manning.

Lakin backer Margaret Hemenway told WND yesterday that the Army had received 300 calls by 12:30 p.m., even before Manning's phone number appeared on WND

Keep calling
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Nick_A

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 01:16:28 am »

Phone number found here

http://www.thepostemail.com/2010/12/20/release-and-fraud-call-made-for-lt-col-lakin/

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:06:11 -0600
To: Redacted
Subject: RE:  Operation FREE DR. TERRY LAKIN

I called Gen. Horst’s phone number as listed below, and they directed me to the PAO (Public Affairs Officer), Col. Robert Manning. The correct phone number to call is 202-685-4899.

Col. Manning said he has received about 300 calls today already (is that even possible at 12:30 EST??). He reiterated to me that Dr. Lakin pled guilty to 3 charges and was found guilty of not obeying a lawful order from his DIRECT SUPERIOR OFFICER, and of the importance of order and obedience in the military. I reiterated the initial case, which was the lack of a long form birth certificate, and how I hated to see such an unjust sentence (6 mos in Ft. Leavenworth, loss of retirement, and discharge from the military) for such an honorable officer. I asked, at the very least, for suspension of the loss of retirement, if not suspension of the complete sentence.

Col. Manning listened patiently (and even once asked me to watch my tone – my ‘passion’ was showing), and said he would relay my message to Gen. Horst. He also said he welcomes phone calls and e-mails (Robert.manning1@us.army.mil). He takes each one seriously. I plan to write an e-mail soon.

Thank you for caring.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum