Where YOU can be a squeeky wheel!
Squeeky Wheels
April 16, 2024, 06:58:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Birther Interrupts House Reading Of Constitution, Yells 'Help Us Jesus' (VIDEO)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Birther Interrupts House Reading Of Constitution, Yells 'Help Us Jesus' (VIDEO)  (Read 86 times)
Black Lion

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2011, 02:30:43 pm »

Birther Interrupts House Reading Of Constitution, Yells 'Help Us Jesus' (VIDEO)

An apparent member of the birther movement seated in the gallery of the House of Representatives on Thursday interrupted a reading of the Constitution. The woman yelled out "Except Obama, except Obama, help us Jesus!" as Rep. Frank Pallone (D-NJ) read the "natural born citizen" clause of the Constitution.

The woman screamed out from the House Gallery as Pallone read Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution, which reads that "No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

Members of the birther movement contend that President Barack Obama was born in Kenya and is not eligible for the office.

The Sergeant at Arms was called in, as they are in charge of removing those creating a disturbance on the House floor. An officer told the woman she was under arrest and removed her from the gallery as she yelled out "My name is Theresa," Politico reported.

Idaho Rep. Mike Simpson (R) banged the gavel to bring the House back to order.

"The chair will remind persons in the gallery -- the chair will remind all persons in the gallery that they are here as guests of the House and that any manifestation of approval or disapproval of the proceedings is in violation of the rules of the House," Simpson said. "The chair notes the disturbance in the gallery contravenes the law and rules of the House. The sergeant at arms will remove persons responsible for the disturbance and restore order in the gallery."

Pallone told TPM in an interview just now that he was randomly assigned to read the natural born citizen clause.

"We were reading on a first come, first serve basis. We were waiting in line and they went Republican, Democrat, Republican, Democrat -- like that," Pallone told me. "It was just coincidence that I ended up reading that section about natural born citizens being eligible."

The New Jersey Democrat said it was inappropriate for the woman to have interrupted the proceedings and that it was right to have her removed.

"I mean it's a fact that he's a natural born citizen, so I think it's just inappropriate for people to keep raising it. The problem is the people that keep raising it want to go against the facts," Pallone said. "I think that was an example of this phenomenon today. There's nothing he can do to make it go away because they just don't want to face the facts."

Members of the House should make the economy, and not distractions like the birther questions or the repeal of health care reform, the priority in this session, Pallone said. Republicans shouldn't push forward on health care repeal when they know it's something the Senate and the President wouldn't agree upon.

"It's like this natural born issue, it's just a waste of time," Pallone told me. "It takes away from the real issue, which is what are we going to do to improve the economy and create jobs."

Late Update: Representatives of Simpson and the Capitol Police did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Dave Weigel reports he was told the woman was Theresa Cao, "a birther activist and supporter of court-martialed birther Lt. Col. Terry Lakin. On December 16, she told WorldNetDaily that she was "taking his message to the White House and Congress." She maintains a blog here and a Facebook page here."

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/01/birther_interrupts_house_reading_of_constitution_yells_help_us_jesus.php
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

LOGIA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 03:34:25 pm »

This will become an iconic American quote. Thanks for posting.
Report Spam   Logged
LOGIA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 10:11:32 pm »

Another Patrick Henry!

'Birther' arrested as Constitution read in House

Breaking News

Woman shouts 'except Obama' as congressman reads section on presidential eligibility
--WND
Report Spam   Logged
Nick_A

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 10:43:44 am »

This "New Republican congress" may not be as advertised.  it reminds me of inviting a sexy woman into bed but as her clothes come off, one sees that what appears attractive is just padding. 

It is bad enough that they seek to read an edited version of the Constitution to appear politically correct but before that, Boehner proved himself "Idiot of the Day."

https://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/notice-to-boehner-we-birthers-will-never-give-up/

Bowing to his New Messiah the obvious is pointed out in this thread

"What a contrast this brave woman is from the spineless newly elected House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). The Hill reports that in an interview on NBC Nightly News yesterday after “the incident,” Boehner reacted to the outburst and said he believed Obama is a U.S. citizen:

“The state of Hawaii has said that President Obama was born there. That’s good enough for me.”

Mrs. Jones said Obama is a natural born citizen so that is good enough for the super idiot.

John Boehner has proved himself a disgrace.  A great deal of pressure will be put on the Republicans to verify Obama's eligibility beyond the views of this fictitious Mrs. Jones. If they don't do it when Obama announces his intent to run for a second term, I will vote third party and I hope the Tea Party does as well.  With friends like this, who needs enemies.

Report Spam   Logged
LOGIA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 08:06:04 pm »

Thank you, Nick!

Where people are born is only PART OF THE story, and the Obama administration ostensibly has managed to employ Alinskyian tactics of muddling understanding to usurpatorious ends...

Boehner is mistaken if he thinks that being born in Hawaii is all it takes. By that measure Pippi Longstocking can be born in Hoboken while parents from Warsaw are on vacation and become president someday.

It is a lack of education and general befuddlement which have us in the conundrum in which we find ourselves! It is not going to be pretty when millions awake from their stupor caused by the drug of pop culture answers to Constitutional questions.

Thanks again for the post.
Report Spam   Logged
Nick_A

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 06:50:58 pm »

Thank you, Nick!

Where people are born is only PART OF THE story, and the Obama administration ostensibly has managed to employ Alinskyian tactics of muddling understanding to usurpatorious ends...

Boehner is mistaken if he thinks that being born in Hawaii is all it takes. By that measure Pippi Longstocking can be born in Hoboken while parents from Warsaw are on vacation and become president someday.

It is a lack of education and general befuddlement which have us in the conundrum in which we find ourselves! It is not going to be pretty when millions awake from their stupor caused by the drug of pop culture answers to Constitutional questions.

Thanks again for the post.

You are very welcome.

Boehner is running on political automatic pilot fueled by back room deals.  Doesn't he understand that people voted as they did because they want some straight answers and clean politics?  Doesn't he realize tht this issue has to come to a head.  People have a right to know on what basis the previous congress validated Obama as constitutionally eligible so as to cast an educated vote.  Boehner's attitude just slaps them in the face. 

It isn't what he believes but rather the facts of the matter.  ON WHAT BASIS WAS OBAMA CONSIDERED A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN AND ELIGIBLE TO BE PRESIDENT. The people have a right to know.  If it is because Mrs. Jones said so after afternoon cocktails, then we have a serious problem.  Can't he wait at least a week before beginning to demonstrate corruption.  Sheesh!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum