Where YOU can be a squeeky wheel!
Squeeky Wheels
March 28, 2024, 06:20:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

An Open Letter...

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An Open Letter...  (Read 70 times)
Black Lion

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:30:05 am »

An Open Letter To Birthers: Find a New Way To Question Obama’s Eligibility

Dear Birthers:

It’s okay, I’m white.

Listen up, you guys: I like what you’re doing. I do. It’s very entertaining. Even your name is funny! Your undying Birther devotion to your initial impulse that the president of the United States “doesn’t seem like he’s from around these parts” is adorable. But I’m afraid this birth certificate thing is just becoming banal. It’s just not going to sustain itself for two more years. You need new ideas. And I’m here to help.
Let’s keep with this whole eligibility thing. It’s your brand. It’s what people know you for, and I don’t want to mess with that. When people come for you for ridiculous points of view, they expect you to stick to your guns. You won’t even let your brains’ comprehension of this presidency get past square one, and I respect that.

But let’s mix it up a little. You like the Constitution? Sure, you love it. You love it so much you chopped it up into pieces, put it in the blender, and snorted it. So let’s explore that a little more. Here are some suggestions:

Look at this line from Article II:

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

“Chusing”? What the hell is that? Congress may have done some “choosing,” but it certainly didn’t do any “chusing.” ELECTION INVALID, DO OVER.

You also love the next line, as we know:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President

You of course focus on the “born Citizen” part, but what about this “at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution” thing? Where is the evidence Obama was born before the Constitution was ratified? He hasn’t show anything, though the Constitution seems to say, in between all its commas, that the president must be at least 222 years old to hold the office right now. Which means John McCain is the only one in the country eligible for the job.

And then there’s the next line:

The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected

You see how the founders capitalized “Services” and “Compensation” like that? It’s because they’re euphemisms for sex stuff. Obama is collecting a paycheck, yet he’s not whoring himself out for sex with any American who wants it — a clear violation of his duties. The job begins when he performs his first back-alley blowjob, obviously, so his presidency hasn’t even begun.
See, these reasons are just as good at denying Obama’s eligibility to be president as refusing to believe all the evidence Obama was born in Hawaii, but they put a little spice into your favorite activity. Please choose one and go with it for a little while. You’re getting really boring.

Sincerely,

Your #1 Fan

http://wonkette.com/435592/an-open-letter-to-birthers-on-finding-a-new-way-to-question-obamas-eligibility
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

LOGIA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:00:47 pm »

Why is COLOR important in this missive?

The Constitution is about JUSTICE and ORDER and EQUITY

Can you write a New open letter please
Report Spam   Logged
Nick_A

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 03:36:00 pm »

Dear #1 Fan

Firt let me explain that "chusing" is an alternate speeling of the times.

http://www.usconstitution.net/constmiss.html

I need all the fans I can get.  it saves money on air conditioning.  But still I have to feel bad for you because you are expressing an attitude that has become conditioned in you from no fault of your own but rather through modern education that prefers indoctrination to teaching you how to think.

Reasonable people that have not been so afflicted believe that a person has to prove themselves a natural born citizen to be eligible for the presidency.  In other words they have to satisfy constitutional requirements for the presidency.  They are listed here:

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

Natural-born citizen

Who is a natural-born citizen? Who, in other words, is a citizen at birth, such that that person can be a President someday?

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps. The Constitution authorizes the Congress to do create clarifying legislation in Section 5 of the 14th Amendment; the Constitution, in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 4, also allows the Congress to create law regarding naturalization, which includes citizenship.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

Anyone born inside the United States *
Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.
* There is an exception in the law — the person must be "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States. This would exempt the child of a diplomat, for example, from this provision.

Anyone falling into these categories is considered natural-born, and is eligible to run for President or Vice President. These provisions allow the children of military families to be considered natural-born, for example.

It isn't your fault that you've been taught to think lopsided.  You've been taught to believe that the people are responsible to prove that a candidate is not elibible rather than the old belief, respecting the civic obligation of the voter, that a candidate has to prove themselves eligible.

Modern progressive education has conditioned you to believe that you are part of the "Great Unwashed" so do not have standing to know the truth in order to cast an educated vote.  The government believes you are too stupid to be worthy of the truth and have so conditioned you that they may be right.  It makes you feel secure that they care for you so much but I feel bad for you since I would hate for them to think I was that stupid.

I feel I am capable and worthy of casting an educated vote.  I've avoided all this indoctrination and believe myself capable of critical thinking so do not need the government to tell me what to think and do..  I believe that casting an educated vote first requires proof of eligibility.  Unfortunately this is absurd to you since you do not believe yourself either worthy or capable of casting an educated vote. So for you it doesn't matter.

I'm glad you are a fan of mine but still must say "there but for the grace of God go I." It would be repulsive to me to think that I was unworthy of the vote and have the government think the same to the degree that they believed I did not have standing to receive proof of basic constitutional qualifications when I desire it. 
Report Spam   Logged
LOGIA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 06:34:51 pm »

Open Meshugas!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum