Where YOU can be a squeeky wheel!
Squeeky Wheels
March 28, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Staff List Login Register  

Birthers are "flat out" liars!!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Birthers are "flat out" liars!!!!  (Read 141 times)
Black Lion

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2011, 11:15:43 am »

Really tbolt?  He really said that?  Sorry, epic fail again for you....

Mike Evans: Hawaii's Gov. Neil Abercrombie 'never told me there was no [Obama] birth certificate'

A celebrity journalist made a shocking claim recently that the governor of Hawaii said there is no Obama birth certificate - but now says he was misunderstood.
Radio personality Mike Evans told KQRS-FM in Minnesota on Jan. 20 that Gov. Neil Abercrombie, recently sworn in as the "The Islands of Aloha"'s top executive, admitted that no record existed of President Obama having been born in that state.
Claiming that he and Abercrombie had been friends for "decades," Evans stated, "Neil promised me that when he became governor he was going to cut through all the red tape. He was gonna get Obama's birth certificate, once and for all, and end this stupid controversy."
Abercrombie has since backed off his boast that he would prove Obama's birth this week, since Hawaii law prevents personal information such as birth records to be released.
Evans went on to tell KQRS that he talked "with Neil's office, Neil says that he's searched everywhere using his power as governor" at the two hospitals Obama was likely born at in 1961 - Kapiolani Medical Center and Queens Medical Center - only to come up empty.
"There is no Barack Obama birth certificate in Hawaii," Evans claimed he was told by the governor's office. "Absolutely no proof that he was born in Hawaii... now [Abercrombie] admits, publically, that there is no birth certificate."
Evans now says it was all a big misunderstanding.
"This I can you tell you is 100% fact," he told Fox News. "Neil never told me there was no birth certificate... I never talked to him."
Evans told the Daily News in an e-mail that he was "STUNNED!" when his statements appeared in headlines nationwide.
"I NEVER knew I said it until I heard it," he wrote, adding that he feels "embarrassed" by the entire incident. "NO MORE POLITICS FOR ME!!" the entertainment journalist said. "For now on, I'm sticking with Lindsay Lohan and Snookie stuff."
Evans told the News it was an online article with a misleading headline that had caused him to even call Abercrombie's office.
The article cited an interview the governor had done with the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, during which he mentioned Obama's birth certificate.
However, while the article "suggests" the governor said he could not find the birth certificate, he never makes any such statement in the Star-Advertiser interview. In fact, he indicates that a record of Obama's birth does exist.
"It actually exists in the archives, written down," he said, although it is unclear what kind of record he is referring to.
Evans indicated that one portion of the article's final paragraph sparked him to call Abercrombie's office. It states:
"Tim Adams, a former senior elections clerk for the city and county of Honolulu in 2008, has maintained that there is no long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate on file with the Hawaii Department of Health and that neither Honolulu hospital – Queens Medical Center or Kapiolani Medical Center – has any record that Obama was born there."
Adams has stated in the past only that he was "told at the time" that there was no birth certificate. However, even he believes Obama is a citizen.
"Since Obama does have a certificate of live birth from the state of Hawaii... he was born a U.S. citizen," he said in a TV interview.
Evans' comments kicked off a series of reports that have fueled the fringe "birther" movement, which has claimed since 2008 that President Obama is not eligible to be commander-in-chief. Their conspiracy theories suggest he is not a "natural born citizen" because his father was a British subject, and also claim Obama was really born in Kenya or Indonesia.
Obama made his certification of live birth public in 2008, and even Congress stated in 2009 that he was born in Hawaii.
Legislation dubbed the "Birther Bill" was re-introduced in Arizona earlier this week directed specifically at Obama, which would require anyone looking to get on presidential ballot in the state to produce a long-form birth certificate.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/01/27/2011-01-27_journalist_i_never_spoke_with_hawaiis_gov_about_obamas_birth_certificate.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum